Monday, March 16, 2009

Preschool and an interesting morning

Haddie started preschool last week. We weren't necessarily planning to send her to a preschool, but the opportunity for this just kind of fell into our lap. She is attending a preschool at Metamora High School facilitated by a class of high school students. This has its ups and downs, I discovered when I observed on the first day. The students are learning themselves, so Haddie is a bit of a "guinea pig," but there are 16 high school students and 14 preschoolers, so there is a lot of individual attention and help. She thinks it is great fun!

The girls have started playing nicely together in the morning when they wake up, giving me a few more minutes before really "beginning the day." How nice, or so I thought until I came into their room and found this! Somehow, they had found a pen in their room and, as Haddie put it "decorated themselves so they were pretty like princesses!"

I had to laugh and take a picture and then we headed straight to the tub. Unfortunately, it did take a couple of days to really get it all out.

Sierra has been wearing pigtails lately. I love that her hair is long enough and she has been able to keep them in. It makes for some scary hair in the morning, though.

Here is Haddie all ready to go on her first day of preschooler. I must admit to having some nostalgia as I dropped her off today. It makes me so thankful for each day I have with her. She is such a blessing and I really do love being able to stay home with her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is the cutest thing ever!!!! I love the pictures! I love the drawing on themselves, priceless, literally! How fun!!

Jesse and Kristin Moore said...

What a great post! Your little girls are growing up so quickly! Love all of the pics, even the pen one! (It's easy for me to laugh...I'm not their mom!!!) :)

Mrs. DuPuis said...

Wow! Preschool! That must be such a strange feeling for you! I am glad she is enjoying it!